Thursday, June 30, 2011

PC is BS

In this day and age, everyone has become so over-sensitive about everything. You can't say anything anymore without disturbing someone's delicate sensibilities. Then the term "Politically Correct" was born. Now everybody is passing it around like a joint at Lindsay Lohan's house.

So what are some of the things that everyone is so whiney about? Well, stewerds and stewardesses are now to be called Flight Attendants. You can't say midget anymore...now it's "little people". Handicapped has become "challenged". There has actually been a lot of tension in the last couple of years about people saying "Merry Christmas". Instead you have to say "Happy Holidays". There are commercials letting you know that you aren't allowed to say "that's gay". If you are the type of person that is offended or upset by any of these simple, petty things, than you are a mentally and emotionally feeble, pathetic excuse for a human being.

In my opinion, I really don't think it is a matter of people being offended by these things. I believe most people just want to tell you what you can and can't do. It makes their existance seem more validated. For instance, when a parent sees a TV show that has crude humor that might not be appropriate for their child, they make phone calls and write letters to the network demanding that the show be taken off the air. I guess it's too easy to just change the fucking channel, huh? But because you don't like it, you try to take it away from the millions of others that do like it.

I knew most people in this country were sensitive, but it hit a little closer to home thanks to social networking. I used to post opinions randomly on facebook, until I was flooded with hate mail and argumentative replies (hence the start of my blog). As for me...I see people post things on facebook everyday that I STRONGLY disagree with. But do I fight with them because we have different views? No I don't. I just don't say anything at all. And I have the option to hide their posts if I don't like them. That's what mature, intelligent people do. Which reminds me...my facebook friends list needs some cleaning up.

Look, the bottom line is that everybody needs to calm the fuck down and stop being so touchy feely about everything. If there are things that bother and upset you, do what I do and blog about it. If people like your views, they'll read it...if they don't like it, they won't read it. It's that simple. Freedom of choice. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to wrap this up so I can go back to making fun of midgets and saying "that's gay" to things I don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment